Paloma,

Exactly two weeks ago you turned twenty six months old. I didn't forget; I didn't write because I didn't know what to say. I still don't.

I will say this:

Mother's Day was the Sunday before your monthday and I was thinking about how some people swear by parenthood - that there's nothing better. I cannot say that's me. Some days the thought of being reckless thrills me, and I dream of a life alone, doing stupid things that affect no one but myself because there is no one else to affect.

But I will also say this:

I highly recommend parenthood if for no other reason than to experience unconditional love. It is a new emotion for me and I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am to explore it through you and heal my heart a little bit more.

Happy Twenty Sixth Monthday.

Love,
Mama